Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fall 2011

When I think about our weeklong workshop, I automatically think of heroes.  Dr. Denenberg leaves quite an impression.  The students in his classes must have learned a lot.  He gave us a lot of "take and use" ideas.  We were given so much information that it is still sinking in today.  The history professor gave us so many interesting stories that it seemed like some of them must have been made up.  I have been reading more about some George Washington's early battles.

2 comments:

  1. I agree as well. Dr. Denenberg did leave me with a lot to think about in terms of how to use heroes to help students to really connect with history. It makes perfect sense, but it's funny how I have not thought about using heroes as an overarching theme to guide my students through history instruction until now. People do remember stories much more readily then facts, so it makes perfect sense to me to use these heroes stories to teach our country's history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally feel successful to reach you! Dr. D's presentation gave us great ideas for our monthly "Eagle way" trait: this month is honesty, so we will focus on "honest Abe Lincoln"

    ReplyDelete